- Early 19th Century Empire Mahogany Fauteuils- A Pair
Early 19th Century Empire Mahogany Fauteuils- A Pair
Categoties: Chairs, Empire, Furniture, Mid-Century Modern
A 1830's pair of Empire mahogany French Bergeres Aux Dauphins Empire Armchairs in the manner of Pierre Bellange (1760-1844). The mahogany frame with sabre front legs continuing as arm supports, the back legs raked. The arms curved and carved with a mythological dolphin’s head at the front and a scale motif at the back. The square back slightly curved, the uprights a continuation of the back legs. Recently restored and reupholstered in an Empire abeille Jaune fabric (Yellow bees).
- Dimensions: 25ʺW × 29ʺD × 37ʺH
- Period: Early 19th Century
- Item Type: Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition: Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes: Fully restored with new upholstery. Sold frame in excellent condition. Wear consistent with age and use.
- Styles: Empire
- Brand: Empire Furniture
- Place of Origin: France
- Materials: Mahogany
- Seat Height: 17.0 inches